Cherry-Chocolate Chip Cake
Write a review
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 egg whites
- 2 jars (10 oz each) maraschino cherries, well drained and chopped (1 cup)
- 1 container Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy cherry frosting
- 1Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Generously grease and lightly flour bottom only of 13x9-inch pan, or spray bottom with cooking spray.
- 2In small bowl, coat chocolate chips in 1 tablespoon cake mix. In large bowl, beat remaining cake mix, water, sour cream, oil, almond extract and egg whites with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Drain chopped cherries on paper towels; pat dry. Stir cherries and coated chocolate chips into batter. Pour into pan.
- 3Bake 31 to 37 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Run knife around side of pan to loosen cake. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Spread frosting over top of cake. Store loosely covered.