Cherry Chocolate Cookies Recipe
Write a review
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 18 maraschino cherries, well-drained and halved
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE (recipe follows)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until fluffy. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture (dough will be stiff). Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place about 1-inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Press cherry half into center of each ball.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until almost set. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Prepare CHOCOLATE GLAZE. Frost each cookie, leaving top of cherry showing. Makes about 30 cookies.
- PECAN CHOCOLATE COOKIES: Prepare cookies as directed omitting cherries. Bake and glaze as directed. Top each cookie with pecan half.
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE: Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons water in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; immediately add 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, stirring until melted. Cool until glaze is of spreading consistency. About 1/2 cup glaze.