Cherry-fluff Icebox Dessert
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups graham-cracker crumbs
- 1 cup roasted and salted pistachios, finely ground
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 21 ounce can cherry pie filling
- 1 16 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 16 ounce container frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed
- maraschino cherries
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine crumbs, pistachios, butter, and sugar. Press into the bottom of a 13-x-9-x-2-inch baking dish.
- 4. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- 5. In a large bowl, combine pie filling, pineapple, and milk, stirring to combine. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon mixture into prepared cooled crust. Cover tightly.
- 6. Freeze for 8 hours, or overnight.
- 7. Remove from freezer and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- 8. Garnish with maraschino cherries, if desired. Store, covered tightly, in refrigerator.