Cherry Rum Balls Recipe
Write a review
- Additional powdered sugar
- Red candied cherries, halved (optional)
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 cupsfine vanilla wafer crumbs(about 80 cookies, crushed)
- 1 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1. Place chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted. Stir in rum and corn syrup.
- 2. Stir together vanilla wafer crumbs, pecans, and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Drizzle chocolate mixture over crumb mixture, stirring until well blended. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls; roll in powdered sugar. If desired, place cherry half in center of each cookie, pressing down lightly.
- 3. Store in airtight container several days to develop flavor. Before serving, roll balls in additional powdered sugar, if desired. About 4 dozen cookies.