Write a review
- 1 750 milliliter bottle red wine, such as Beaujolais or Zinfandel
- 4 cups freshly squeezed orange juice (about 12 oranges)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh dark sweet cherries, pitted and halved, or frozen cherries
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) cherry-flavor syrup (syrup used to flavor beverages)
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) orange liqueur, such as Triple Sec
- Orange slices and/or sweet cherries, pitted (optional)
- In a large pitcher or 64-ounce glass jar stir together wine, orange juice, cherries, cherry syrup, and orange liqueur. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours to blend flavors. Serve over ice. If desired, garnish with orange slices and/or cherries.