Chicken Dumpling Casserole
Write a review
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
- 2 c chicken stock (from boiling breasts above)
- 1 stick butter
- 2 c milk
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 3 tsp wylers chicken granules
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp black pepper and salt as desired
- 2 c bisquick
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2 Place boneless, skinless chicken breasts in sauce pan with enough water to cover the chicken. Bring to a boil, then turn off the heat; place a lid on your pot and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes to finish cooking.
- 3 Remove chicken from stock (reserve the stock) and allow to cool, then shred the chicken.
- When building the layered casserole, do not mix the layers.
- 4 Layer 1 - In 9x13 or larger casserole dish, melt 1 stick of butter. Spread shredded chicken over butter. Sprinkle black pepper and dried sage over this layer.
- 5 Layer 2 - In small bowl, mix milk and Bisquick. Slowly pour over chicken.
- 6 Layer 3 - In medium bowl, whisk together 2 cups of the chicken stock (strained, if needed), chicken granules and soup. Once blended, slowly pour over the Bisquick layer.
- Bake until the top is golden brown- approx. 50-60 minutes.