Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Write a review
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (18.5 oz) Progresso® Light Southwestern-style vegetable soup
- 1/4 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 oz fat-free cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons Old El Paso® fat-free refried beans (from 16-oz can)
- 4 corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat mild Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook chicken and bell pepper over medium-high heat 4 to 6 minutes, stirring constantly, until chicken begins to brown and bell pepper is crisp-tender. Sprinkle with cumin.
- Stir in soup. Heat to boiling. Stir in rice; reduce heat to low. Cover; cook about 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir cream cheese into chicken mixture until well blended. Spread 1 tablespoon of the refried beans on 1 tortilla; place, beans side up, in bottom of ungreased 1-quart casserole. Top with 1 cup chicken mixture; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the cheese. Repeat 2 times. Top with remaining tortilla; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover; bake 20 to 25 minutes or until mixture is hot and cheese is melted.