Chicken Florentine Artichoke Bake
Write a review
- 8 ounces dried bow tie pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (8 oz.)
- 1 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 10 ounce frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/2 cup oil-packed dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In medium skillet cook onion in 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In bowl whisk together eggs, milk, seasoning, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Stir in chicken, Monterey Jack cheese, artichokes, spinach, tomatoes, half of the Parmesan, cooked pasta, and onion. Transfer to a 13x9x2-inch baking dish or 3-quart rectangular casserole.
- Bake, covered, 20 minutes. In small bowl combine remaining Parmesan, bread crumbs, paprika, and melted butter. Sprinkle mixture over pasta. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes more or until golden. Makes 6 to 8 servings.