Write a review
- Kosher salt
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut in half
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a separate pot over medium heat, 2 minutes. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook 3 more minutes. Combine the flour, paprika, marjoram and 1 teaspoon salt in a large bowl; add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Push the bacon and vegetables to one side of the pot and increase the heat to medium high. Add the chicken and any remaining flour mixture to the other side and cook, turning, until browned, about 6 minutes. Stir together the chicken, bacon and vegetables and cook 2 more minutes. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Stir, then reduce the heat to medium low. Cover and simmer until the chicken is almost cooked through, about 10 more minutes. Meanwhile, add the noodles to the boiling water and cook as the label directs; drain.
- Uncover the pot with the chicken, increase the heat to high and cook 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, stir in the sour cream and parsley and cook 2 more minutes. Season with salt. Serve over the noodles.