CHICKEN POT PIE
Write a review
- Serves 4
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 cup shredded, roasted, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cup mixed frozen vegetables, thawed
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (half of a 14.1 oz. pkg.) ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. In a medium saucepan, whisk together half-and-half, broth, and flour. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, for about 4 minutes or until mixture is thick.
- Stir in chicken, vegetables, parsley, chives, thyme, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Cover and keep warm.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pie crust into a circle 11 inches across. Cut evenly into 4 parts.
- Divide pie filling among four 10-ounce ramekins. Drape crusts over tops and fold edges down over rims. Cut an X into center of each pie to vent. Bake 25 minutes, until pastry is browned and filling is bubbly. Cool 5 minutes before serving.