Chicken and Roasted Pepper Roll-Ups
Write a review
- 3 medium skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, halved horizontally (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 ounces garlic-herb goat cheese
- 1 ounce baby arugula or baby spinach (about 1 cup packed)
- 3/4 cup jarred roasted red sweet peppers, drained well and chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup purchased dried tomato pesto
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place chicken breast halves between pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound each to 1/4-inch thickness. Season one side of each chicken breast with salt and pepper. Spread with goat cheese to edges. Top with arugula, peppers, and green onion. Press down on toppings, then roll up tightly, starting from a short end; secure with toothpicks. Brush pesto over rolls. Transfer to a 2-qt. rectangular baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center (170 degrees F). Let stand 5 minutes. Remove toothpicks and slice crosswise to serve.
- From the Test Kitchen
- To make your own garlic herb goat cheese
- *Stir 1 clove garlic, minced; 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed; and 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed, into 3 ounces of goat cheese (chevre).