Write a review
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 jar (24 ounces) Prego® Veggie Smart® Chunky & Savory Italian Sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 cups penne pasta, cooked and drained (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- 2 Stir the sauce and vinegar in the skillet and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often. Stir in the basil. Return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- 3 Slice the chicken. Serve the chicken and sauce over the penne. Sprinkle with the cheese.