Chinese Coca-Cola Wings
Write a review
- 12 chicken wings (about 2 1/2 pounds total)
- 1 cup Coca-Cola®
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or dry white wine
- 3 thin slices peeled fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Cut off and discard tips of chicken wings. Cut wings at joints to form 24 pieces. Place chicken wing pieces in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- For marinade, in a small bowl combine cola, soy sauce, sherry, ginger, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Pour marinade over chicken wings. Seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour, turning bag occasionally. Drain chicken wings, reserving marinade. Pat wings dry with paper towels.
- In a 12-inch skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken wings; cook about 10 minutes or until brown on both sides, turning occasionally to brown evenly. Drain off fat. Pour the reserved marinade over chicken wings.
- Bring to simmering. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes. Cook, uncovered, about 10 minutes more until chicken is no longer pink and marinade is slightly thickened, turning wings once. Transfer to a serving platter. Garnish with sesame seeds.