Chocolate Cherry Cake Roll
Write a review
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup Smucker's® Cherry Preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (11.75 oz.) jar Smucker's® Hot Fudge Topping
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Lightly coat 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan with no-stick cooking spray. Line with waxed or parchment paper. Coat with no-stick cooking spray. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- BEAT egg whites in large bowl with electirc mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in 1/2 cup granulated sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Beat eggs yolks in medium bowl with electric mixer at high speed for 3 minutes or until thickened. Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar; beat an additional 2 minutes. Gradually add flour mixture to egg yolks alternately with water, beating just until combined. Gently fold chocolate mixture into egg white mixture until well blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- BAKE 12 to 15 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly. Loosen edges and immediately turn upside down on clean towel sprinkled evenly with powdered sugar. Gently remove paper from cake. Immediately roll cake in towel, starting from narrow end. Place on wire rack to cool completely, at least 1 hour.
- BEAT cream and almond extract in medium bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until stiff peaks form. Beat in cherry preserves. Unroll cake. Remove towel. Spread cake with filling mixture, leaving one-inch border around edges. Re-roll cake. Place seam side down on serving platter. Chill until ready to serve.
- MICROWAVE hot fudge topping according to package directions. Drizzle over cake roll, allowing topping to run down sides of cake. Serve immediately.