Chocolate Chip Pretzel Bars
Write a review
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1½ sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 12-oz bag bittersweet (or semisweet, if you prefer) chocolate chips
- 1½ c. Snyder’s of Hanover Mini Pretzels, coarsely chopped (can use food-processor)
Topping: ¼ c. each
- Melted caramels, for drizzling (optional)
- Vanilla cookie glaze, for drizzling (optional), pretzels, crumbled, for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Using a mixer, beat the butter and both sugars at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Beat in the eggs and the vanilla extract. On low speed, beat in the dry ingredients just until incorporated. Then, stir in the chocolate chips and pretzel pieces.
- Spread the batter evenly in the pan and press it down evenly with a spatula. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown. Transfer the pan to a rack and cool completely.
- Drizzle melted caramels over top of cookie bars. Then drizzle vanilla cookie glaze. Sprinkle the extra crushed pretzels on top. Let set and then cut into squares.