Chocolate Coconut Balls Recipe
Write a review
- 6 sections (1/2 oz. each) HERSHEY'S Unsweetened Chocolate Baking Bar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar for rolling
- 1. Melt chocolate and butter in large heavy saucepan over very low heat. Add sweetened condensed milk; stir to blend. Remove from heat.
- 2. Combine granulated sugar, water and corn syrup in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Cook, without stirring, until mixture reaches 250°F on candy thermometer or until a small amount of syrup, when dropped into very cold water, forms a firm ball which does not flatten when removed from water. (Bulb of candy thermometer should not rest on bottom of saucepan.) Remove from heat; stir into chocolate mixture. Add vanilla, coconut and nuts; stir until well blended.
- 3. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until firm enough to handle. Shape into 1-inch balls; roll in powdered sugar. Store tightly covered in cool, dry place. About 4 dozen candies.
- Note: For best results, do not double this recipe.