Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies
Write a review
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon kirsch, if desired
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 30 chocolate-covered cherries
- 4 oz white chocolate baking bars or squares, chopped
- 1In large bowl, beat sugar and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and kirsch; beat until blended. On low speed, beat in flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt until blended. Wrap dough in plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour.
- 2Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper. Unwrap dough; shape into 1-inch balls. On cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Immediately press 1 chocolate-covered cherry into center of each cookie. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 3In small microwavable bowl, microwave white chocolate uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes or until softened and chocolate can be stirred smooth. Spoon melted chocolate into small resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut off tiny corner of bag; squeeze bag to drizzle chocolate over cookies. Let stand until set.