Chocolate-Covered OREO Cookie Cake
Write a review
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) devil's food cake mix
- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 12 OREO Cookies, coarsely crushed
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- PREPARE cake batter and bake in 2 (9-inch) round pans as directed on package. Cool cakes in pans 10 min. Invert onto wire racks; gently remove pans. Cool cakes completely.
- MICROWAVE chocolate and butter in medium microwaveable bowl on HIGH 45 sec. to 1 min.. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool 5 min. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gently stir in whipped topping and crushed cookies.
- PLACE 1 cake layer on plate, spread with cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread top with chocolate glaze; let stand 10 min. or until firm. Keep refrigerated.