Write a review
- 1 16 ounce package thick-sliced bacon, cut crosswise into thirds
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 4 ounces bittersweet or dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pistachio nuts, almonds, and/or cashews
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two 15x10x1-inch baking pans or shallow roasting pans with parchment paper. Arrange bacon slices side by side in the prepared baking pans. Sprinkle lightly with brown sugar. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Transfer to wire racks; let cool (up to 2 hours).
- Line a large baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside. In a small heavy saucepan heat and stir chocolate over low heat until melted and smooth. Dip bacon pieces halfway into chocolate, letting excess drip off. Place on the prepared baking sheet. While still warm, sprinkle with nuts. Chill until chocolate is set. Place bacon in bag; close bag.
- From the Test Kitchen
- Layer dipped bacon between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.