Chocolate Peanut Butter Bon Bons
Write a review
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups puffed rice cereal
- Sifted, 4 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds coating chocolate, melted
- Heat peanut butter and butter in a small saucepan until thoroughly melted. Stir until smooth.
- Toss rice cereal well with confectioner's sugar in a large mixing bowl, then slowly pour hot peanut butter mixture over rice cereal, mixing by hand. Mixture should have dough-like consistency that can easily be rolled into small balls. If sticky, add a little more confectioner's sugar.
- Roll into small balls with about an 1-inch diameter. Chill balls until firm, several hours or overnight, if desired. At this point, balls may remain in refrigerator up to a week or in freezer several months. Package balls in plastic airtight refrigerator containers, separating layers with smooth sheets of waxed paper. When ready to dip, melt coating chocolate slowly in top half of a double boiler over hot water and dip to coat.
- Allow coated candies to stand undisturbed on waxed paper at room temperature until chocolate coating has hardened, approximately 30-60 minutes. Peel waxed paper away from hardened chocolates (not vice versa) and set them in festive paper candy cups (available at party supply stores) before packaging. These candies can be held at room temperature and will remain fresh for months, if they are around that long.