Chocolate Peanut Butter Layered Cupcakes
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Hershey’s® baking cocoa
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 EGGLAND’S BEST eggs
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Reese's® peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup Hershey’s® semi-sweet chocolate baking chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 18 regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, mix flour, cocoa, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Add oil, water, vinegar and vanilla to flour mixture, stirring just until smooth (do not overmix).
- In another large bowl, beat egg, cream cheese, peanut butter and granulated sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add powdered sugar; beat until creamy.
- Spoon 1 level tablespoon chocolate batter into each cup; evenly spread 1 level tablespoon peanut butter filling on top. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with peanut butter chips and chocolate chips.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling rack; cool 15 minutes. Serve warm or cool