Chocolate Salted-Caramel Cupcakes
Write a review
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix
- 2 pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding, divided
- 1 jar (12.25 oz.) caramel ice cream topping
- 2 oz. BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 24 cupcakes, blending 1 pkg. dry pudding mix into batter before spooning into prepared muffin cups. Cool cupcakes in pans 10 min.; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Use small sharp knife to cut 1-1/4-inch-wide hole in top of each cupcake, being careful to not cut through to bottom of cake. Fill holes with caramel topping; cover with cupcake tops.
- Melt chocolate as directed on package; cool slightly. Beat remaining pudding mix, milk and powdered sugar in large bowl with whisk 2 min.; stir in COOL WHIP. Spread frosting onto cupcakes; drizzle with chocolate. Sprinkle with salt.