Chocolate Strawberry Whipped Cream Cake Recipe
Write a review
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa or HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Powdered sugar
- STRAWBERRY WHIPPED CREAM FILLING (recipe follows)
- ROYAL GLAZE (recipe follows)
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F. Grease 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch jelly-roll pan. Line with wax paper; grease paper.
- 2. Beat eggs in medium bowl on high speed until very thick and cream colored, about 5 minutes; gradually beat in granulated sugar. Stir in water and vanilla.
- 3. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating just until blended. Pour into prepared pan.
- 4. Bake 10 to 13 minutes until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately invert pan onto linen towel sprinkled with powdered sugar; carefully peel off wax paper. Invert cake onto wire rack covered with wax paper. Cool completely.
- 5. Prepare STRAWBERRY WHIPPED CREAM FILLING. Cut cake into 4 equal rectangles, 10x3-1/2 inches. Divide filling into thirds and spread evenly on 3 rectangles, leaving 1 plain rectangle for top. Cover and refrigerate until firm. To assemble, stack layers on top of each other with plain cake layer on top. Top with ROYAL GLAZE; refrigerate until ready to serve. Cover; refrigerate leftover cake. Makes 18 servings.
- STRAWBERRY WHIPPED CREAM FILLING: Rinse, hull and slice fresh strawberries to equal 1 cup. Puree strawberries with 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Strawberry Syrup until liquid in food processor or blender. Sprinkle 1 envelope unflavored gelatin over mixture. Let stand until gelatin is softened, about 5 minutes; puree again for several seconds.
- Pour into medium microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds to 1 minute, until mixture is hot, not boiling, and gelatin is dissolved. Cool to room temperature. Beat 1 cup (1/2 pt.) cold whipping cream until stiff; fold in strawberry mixture
- ROYAL GLAZE: Place 2/3 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and 1/4 cup whipping cream in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Cool slightly until thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.