Chocolate Swirled Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe
Write a review
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup HERSHEY'S Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Beat butter, 1/2 cup sugar and salt in small bowl until smooth. Stir together flour and cocoa; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until soft dough forms. Press dough onto bottom of 8- or 9-inch springform pan.
- 2. Beat cream cheese and remaining 3/4 cup sugar in medium bowl until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until well blended. Remove 1 cup batter; set aside. Add 1/2 cup small chocolate chips to remaining batter; pour over crust.
- 3. Place remaining chips in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. Microwave at MEDIUM in 15 second increments until chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred. Gradually add to reserved batter, blending well. Drop by spoonfuls onto batter in pan; gently swirl with knife for marbled effect.
- 4. Bake 35 to 40 minutes until cheesecake is firm and top is slightly puffed. With knife, immediately loosen cake from side of pan. Cool completely. Cover; refrigerate until chilled. Garnish as desired. Cover; refrigerate leftover cheesecake. Makes 12 servings.