Chocolate Zucchini Snack Cake
Write a review
- 1/2 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ German chocolate cake mix (about 1 2/3 cups)
- 1 cup shredded unpeeled zucchini (about 1 medium)
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom and side of 9- or 8-inch round or square cake pan with baking spray with flour.
- 2In large bowl, beat cake mix, zucchini, cinnamon, cloves, buttermilk, oil and egg with electric mixer on low speed until moistened, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan. Sprinkle evenly with nuts and chocolate chips.
- 3Bake 9-inch pan 27 to 35 minutes, 8-inch pan 32 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.