Christmas Ornament Cake
Write a review
- 1 bag M&M’S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies for the Holidays
- 1 bag Holiday MINIS® Mix
- 1 16-oz. box pound cake mix
- 2 12-oz. cans whipped vanilla frosting
- Red and green food coloring
- 1 2 1/2-quart glass bowl
- 2 resealable plastic bags
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bowl.
- 2. Reserve 3 TWIX® Brand MINIS® and chop the remaining bag of Holiday MINIS® Mix. Prepare the cake mix according to package instructions and pour the batter into the prepared bowl. Sprinkle the chopped candy on top of the batter.
- 3. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven, let cool for 15 minutes, invert and let cool completely.
- 4. Divide the frosting between 3 bowls; tint one bowl red and one bowl green leaving the last bowl white. Transfer the cake to a serving platter.
- 5. Using the photograph as guide, cover the center with a 3-inch stripe white frosting. Spoon the tinted frostings into separate resealable plastic bags with a small corner snipped. Pipe multiple lines of tinted frosting on either side of the white frosting. Decorate the white portion with M&M’S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies for the Holidays.