Write a review
- 1 package frozen, chopped spinach
- Yellow, red, and orange bell peppers
- Olive oil
- Pizza dough for one 12-inch round pie
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 to 1/3 grated Romano cheese
- Feta cheese
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Cook the spinach, drain, and press it to squeeze out excess liquid. Set aside.
- Use tiny cookie cutters to shape circles and stars from the peppers. Set aside.
- Coat a 12-inch pizza pan with olive oil, then sprinkle on the cornmeal. Roll the dough into a circle and place on the pan, pushing the edges to the rim.
- Spread the tomato sauce on the dough and sprinkle on the grated Romano cheese. Top with the chopped spinach and then drizzle olive oil over the spinach. Sprinkle the crumbled feta over the spinach and arrange the pepper circles.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the bottom of the crust is browned. Cut the pizza into triangular slices and then trim the crust to form a trunk. Finally, top each slice with a yellow star. Makes one 12-inch pizza.