Cinnamon Spiced Moroccan Chicken Recipe
Write a review
- Serves: 4
- 2 tablespoons flour, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Cumin, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ginger, Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Red Pepper, Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken thighs (1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup pitted whole dates, sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Mix 1 tablespoon of the flour, cinnamon, cumin, ginger, ground red pepper and sea salt in shallow dish. Coat both sides of chicken with spice mixture.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Mix remaining 1 tablespoon flour and broth; add to skillet. Bring to boil. Stir in dates and almonds. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, 7 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve over couscous or rice.