Coconut Orange Macaroons
Write a review
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ LA LECHERA FAT FREE Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 5 cups sweetened coconut flakes, divided
- 75 to 90 Easter colored jelly beans
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
- BEAT sweetened condensed milk and cream cheese in medium mixer bowl until creamy. Add egg yolk, vanilla extract, grated orange peel and orange juice; beat well. Add flour mixture; beat until well combined. Stir in 4 cups coconut. Cover; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
- SHAPE dough into 1 ½-inch balls; roll balls in remaining 1 cup coconut. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE for 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; immediately press 3 jelly beans on top of each macaroon. Cool for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.