Corned Beef and Cabbage
Write a review
- 1 3 pound corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 1/2 small head cabbage, cut into 3 wedges
- 4 medium carrots, peeled, and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut brisket to fit into a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle spices from packet evenly over meat; rub in with your fingers. Place cabbage, carrots, onion, and potatoes in the slow cooker. Pour water over vegetables. Top with brisket.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours. Transfer meat to a cutting board. Thinly slice against the grain. Serve vegetables with a slotted spoon. Makes 6 servings.