Country Breakfast Casserole
Write a review
- Serves: Makes 8 servings.
- 1 roll (12 ounces) breakfast sausage
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package McCormick® Original Country Gravy Mix
- 6 slices bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- McCormick® Paprika
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Cook crumbled sausage in large skillet on medium heat until brown, stirring occasionally. Drain sausage. Spread in lightly greased 11x7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle cheese over sausage.
- Beat eggs, water, milk and Gravy Mix in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Pour over cheese. Arrange bread cubes evenly over mixture. Drizzle butter over bread, if desired. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Cooking tip
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate unbaked casserole overnight. Bake, uncovered, in preheated 325°F oven 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serving Suggestion: Prepare additional package of McCormick® Original Country Gravy Mix or Sausage Country Gravy Mix as directed on package. Serve with casserole.
- Test Kitchen Tip: Drizzle 2 tablespoons melted butter over bread cubes before baking.