Crab-Filled Crescent Wontons
Write a review
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup chopped cooked crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion (1 medium)
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Unroll dough on work surface (if using crescent rolls, pinch seams to seal); cut into 6 rows by 4 rows to make 24 squares.
- In small bowl, mix cream cheese, crabmeat, onion and red pepper. Spoon about 1 teaspoon crab mixture 1/2 inch from 1 corner of 1 square. Starting with same corner, fold dough over filling, and tuck end tightly underneath filling; continue rolling to within 1/2 inch of opposite corner. Lightly brush exposed corner with egg white. Roll moistened corner of dough over roll; press to seal. Place on cookie sheet. Brush with egg white. Repeat with remaining squares and filling.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
- Ground red pepper, or cayenne pepper, nicely spices these wontons. Add more, if you like.
- Cans or foil pouches of crabmeat found near the seafood department are usually of better quality and have better flavor than cans in the canned meat and seafood section. However, any can be used.