Cranberry-Pistachio Candy Squares
Write a review
- 1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 box (3.4 oz) instant pistachio pudding and pie filling mix
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped shelled pistachios
- 1 package (20 oz) vanilla-flavored candy coating or almond bark, chopped
- 3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1Line 13x9-inch pan with foil; spray foil with cooking spray. In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, melt chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the butter over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth. Remove from heat. With wire whisk, beat in 1/2 package (4 oz) of the cream cheese until smooth. Spread in pan. Freeze until set, about 30 minutes.
- 2In 2-quart saucepan, melt remaining 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat. Stir in evaporated milk and pudding mix until blended. Stir in powdered sugar until smooth. Stir in pistachios. Carefully spread thick pudding mixture over frozen chocolate layer. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in another 2-quart saucepan, melt almond bark over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Stir in remaining 1/2 package cream cheese and the cranberries. Pour over chilled pudding layer; spread to cover. Refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours.
- 4Remove candy from pan by lifting foil. Cut into 1-inch squares; remove from foil. Store in refrigerator.