Creamy Basil Chicken
Write a review
- 2 2/3 cups uncooked penne pasta (8 oz)
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, flattened slightly
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy Parmesan basil cooking sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves or 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package. In resealable food-storage plastic bag, place dressing and chicken. Seal bag; refrigerate 15 minutes.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil over medium-low heat. Cook garlic in oil 1 to 2 minutes or until garlic just starts to brown. Drain chicken, discarding dressing. Add chicken to skillet. Cook chicken 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F). Stir in wine; cook until most of the wine has evaporated. Stir in cooking sauce, basil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture starts to thicken.
- Serve over pasta. Top with Parmesan cheese.