Creamy Caramel-Pecan Rolls
Write a review
- 1 1/4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 16 ounce loaves frozen white bread dough or sweet roll dough, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup raisins (optional)
- Grease two 9 x 1-1/2-inch round baking pans; set pans aside. For topping, in a small bowl stir together powdered sugar and whipping cream; divide evenly between prepared baking pans. Sprinkle pecans evenly over sugar mixture.
- In another small bowl stir together brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll each loaf of dough into a 12x8-inch rectangle. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with brown sugar-cinnamon mixture. If desired, sprinkle with raisins.
- Roll up each rectangle starting from a long side. Seal seams. Slice each roll into 12 pieces. Place, cut sides down, on topping in pans.
- Cover; let rise in a warm place until nearly double (about 30 minutes). Break any surface bubbles with a greased toothpick.
- Bake in a 375 degree f oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown (if necessary, cover rolls with foil the last 10 minutes of baking to prevent overbrowning). Cool in pans on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Carefully invert rolls onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Makes 24 rolls.