Creamy Eggnog Squares
Write a review
- 1 package Signature Swiss Chocolate Cake Mix
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (12 oz.) container frozen non-dairy whipped topping
- 2 (3.4 oz) package french vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 3 cups cold milk
- ¼ tsp rum extract
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cake mix, melted butter and pecans in large bowl. Reserve ½ cup mixture. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of ungreased 13"x 9" pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until surface is firm. Cool.
- Toast reserved ½ cake mixture on cookie sheets 3 to 4 minutes, stirring once. Cool completely. Break lumps with fork to make small crumbs.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar in large bowl; beat until smooth. Stir in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust. Refrigerate.
- Combine pudding mix and milk; beat 1 minute. Add rum extract and nutmeg. Spread over cream cheese layer. Spread remaining whipped topping over pudding layer. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.