Creamy Root Beer Float Cake
Write a review
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- Water, oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Root Beer-Spiced Whipped Cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated or powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons crushed hard root beer candies
- 1Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan.
- 2In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and egg whites with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Reserve 1 cup batter. Pour remaining batter into pan. Stir 1/2 teaspoon allspice and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon into reserved batter.
- 3Drop spiced batter by generous tablespoonfuls randomly in 12 to 14 mounds onto batter in pan. Cut through batters with spatula or knife in S-shaped curves in one continuous motion. Turn pan one-fourth turn, and repeat cutting for swirled design.
- 4Bake as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 5In chilled small bowl, beat all spiced whipped cream ingredients except crushed candies on high speed until soft peaks form. Spread over cake. Sprinkle each serving with crushed candies just before serving. Store covered in refrigerator.