Creamy Smashed Red Potatoes with Cheese
Write a review
- 3 lbs. red new potatoes, unpeeled, cut into quarters
- 1 cup or more NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese blend
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- PLACE potatoes in large saucepan. Cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
- RETURN potatoes to saucepan. Beat with hand-held mixer for a few seconds to break up. Add evaporated milk and butter; beat until milk and butter are mixed in (some lumps will still be present). Add additional evaporated milk, if a smoother consistency is desired. Stir in cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.