Crispy Baked Cauliflower Tater Tots
Write a review
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut in pieces and cooked
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons 35-percent cream
- 1/3 cup sharp Cheddar, grated
- Sea salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Pulse the cauliflower with the butter and cream in a food processor to a coarse consistency. Add the cheese and season with salt and pepper. Whip the egg white to a stiff peak in a bowl, and then fold into the cauliflower mixture to lighten it up. For best results, chill for about 30 minutes so they hold their shape.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll a spoonful of the mixture in the breadcrumbs, shape into tater tots using your hands and put on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until slightly browned, about 15 minutes. Serve.