Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
Write a review
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup of honey
- ½ cup of low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 TB vegetable oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup diced onion
- ¼ tsp. red pepper
- sesame seeds
- white rice (optional)
- Place the chicken thighs in the crock-pot; sprinkle pepper on both sides.
- In bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, ketchup, oil, garlic, onion, and red pepper flakes; stir to combine; pour over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 1 1/2-2 1/2 hours.
- When done remove chicken from stock pot and cut into chunks; prior to putting the chicken back in the crockpot, combine some cornstarch in water and whisk it into the crock-pot to thicken up the sauce a bit.
- Put the chicken back in and stir around to re-coat the chicken in the sauce.
- Serve hot over a bed of white rice (optional) and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.