Crustless Spinach and Mushroom Quiche
Write a review
- Disposable slow cooker liner
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups coarsely chopped portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped red sweet pepper (1 small)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Gruyere cheese or Swiss cheese (6 ounces)
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half or whole milk
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup packaged biscuit mix
- Line a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with disposable slow cooker liner; coat liner with cooking spray. Using clean paper towels, press spinach to remove as much liquid as possible; set aside.
- 2. In a medium skillet cook bacon until crisp; drain, crumble, and set aside. Discard drippings. In same skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and sweet pepper; cook and stir until tender. Stir in spinach and cheese.
- 3. In a medium bowl combine eggs, half-and-half, chives, salt, and black pepper. Stir egg mixture into spinach mixture in skillet. Gently fold in biscuit mix. Pour egg mixture into prepared slow cooker. Sprinkle with bacon.
- 4. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Turn off cooker. If possible, remove crockery liner from cooker. Cool for 15 to 30 minutes before serving.