Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cream Pie
Write a review
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tsp butter or shortening
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (or chocolate- either way!)
- 4-oz (1/2 a block) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tub Cool Whip (4 oz)
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup peppermint chips (or crushed candy canes) dark chocolate, for shavings on top
- 1. Combine chocolate chips, butter or shortening and milk and melt in the microwave. I usually microwave it for about 30-45 seconds and then stir. If needed, microwave for another 15-20 seconds and stir again. Stir until smooth and then pour the mixture into the bottom of the crust. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the peppermint chips on top of the chocolate.
- 2. Beat the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and peppermint extract until smooth.
- 3. Fold in the Cool Whip.
- 4. Pour (or scoop) the mixture into the crust. Take the PEEPS® Peppermint Marshmallow Stars out and separate each star. Gently press them into the top of the pie, pushing down so that the stars are flush with the rest of the cream. Cover and refrigerate overnight. (Don't be tempted to not refrigerate the pie overnight! It needs time to set, trust me!)
- 5. Top pie with remaining peppermint chips and shave about 1-2 oz of dark chocolate on top. Enjoy!