Decadent Cherry Mousse Brownies
Write a review
- 1 box Betty Crocker® fudge brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs as called for on brownie mix box
- 3 oz. white baking chocolate
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy cream cheese frosting (from 16 oz container)
- 1/4 cup chopped well drained maraschino cherries
- 1 to 2 drops red food color
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 oz. white baking chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1Heat oven to 350°F (or 325°F for dark or non stick pan). Grease or spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan. Bake brownies as directed on box using water, oil and eggs. Spread into pan. Bake for 24 to 26 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely.
- 2In medium microwaveable bowl, microwave 3 oz. white baking chocolate and 1/3 cup whipping cream uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once, until chocolate is melted. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 3Stir frosting and maraschino cherries into chocolate mixture until well blended. Spread evenly over cooled brownies.
- 4In small microwaveable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and butter uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once until smooth. Carefully spread over mousse. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.
- 5In small microwaveable bowl, microwave 1 oz. white baking chocolate and oil uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds, stirring once, until smooth. Drizzle chocolate over brownies. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.