Decadent Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker squares or graham cracker squares, finely crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Peanuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. In a medium bowl combine crackers, melted butter, and the 2 tablespoons sugar. Press into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Set pan in a shallow baking pan; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat 1 package of the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in peanut butter and the 1/4 cup sugar until combined. Gently stir in the one lightly beaten egg; set aside.
- In a small saucepan cook and stir chocolate pieces over low heat until melted. Remove from heat. Cut the remaining cream cheese into cubes; stir into melted chocolate until smooth. Stir in milk and vanilla. Gently stir in the two lightly beaten eggs. Spread half of the chocolate mixture over crust. Spoon peanut butter mixture over chocolate layer; gently spread to cover. Evenly spread remaining chocolate mixture over peanut butter layer.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until top is set when gently shaken. The outer 2 inches of the top will be slightly puffed and dry-looking; the center will look darker and wet. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small sharp knife, loosen crust from sides of pan; cool cheesecake completely on rack. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with peanuts.