Deep Dish Pizza Casserole
Write a review
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (15-ounce) can chunky Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza dough
- 6 (1-ounce) slices mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup frozen bell peppers and onions, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, brown beef, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain, if necessary, and return to skillet. Add tomato sauce and cook until heated.
- Meanwhile, unroll pizza dough, and press into bottom and halfway up sides of prepared baking dish (see Notes). Line bottom of pizza crust with 3 slices mozzarella cheese. Top with meat mixture and veggies.
- Bake, uncovered, 12 minutes. Top with remaining cheese slices and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes, or until crust is browned and cheese melts. Cool 5 minutes before serving.