Deep-Dish Taco Squares
Write a review
- 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (1 small)
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1 cup Original Bisquick® mix
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso® chopped green chiles
- 1Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 8-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix until blended.
- 2In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix and water until soft dough forms. Using fingers dipped in Bisquick mix, pat dough in bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of baking dish.
- 3In same bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise and cheese until blended. Layer beef mixture, tomato and chiles over dough; spoon sour cream mixture over top.
- 4Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until edges of dough are light golden brown.