Dulce de Leche Ice Cream Torte
Write a review
- 2 cups finely crushed purchased shortbread, or pecan shortbread cookies (about 10 oz.)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 pints dulce de leche ice cream
- 2/3 cup roasted, lightly salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1 recipe Pineapple Topping
- In a medium bowl combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press half of cookie crumb mixture (about 1 cup) evenly onto bottom of an 8x8x1-7/8-inch disposable foil pan or a 9x9x2-inch baking pan. Set aside. Soften 1/2 the ice cream over cookie crumb layer in pan. Top with half of the nuts. Sprinkle remaining cookie crumb mixture over layers in pan. Cover and freeze for 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
- Soften remaining ice cream. Carefully spread ice cream over frozen layers in pan. Cover and freeze overnight or until very firm.
- To serve, top with remaining cashews. Cut into squares and serve with Pineapple Topping. Makes 9 servings.
- Pineapple Topping
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 cups peeled, cored, and cubed fresh pineapple
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add packed brown sugar; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add pineapple, stir to coat. Serve at once or cover and chill up to 3 days; reheat before serving.