Easter Bunny Cereal Treat
Write a review
- 8 cups whole-grain Cheerios
- 1 package mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons water
- Pink gel-paste food colouring
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1. Place the cereal in a large mixing bowl and set aside. Line a rimmed baking sheet with plastic wrap and lightly spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2. In a large pot set over medium heat, combine the marshmallows and butter and cook until completely melted. Pour the mixture over the cereal, and stir until the cereal is evenly coated.
- 3. Scrape the cereal/marshmallow mixture onto the baking sheet and press it down, spreading it evenly over the surface of the pan and into the corners. Lightly oil the spatula or use dampened fingers to keep the cereal from sticking to you. Allow to rest for 2 hours, or until set and slightly hardened.
- 4. Using a cookie cutter, cut out shapes from the cereal/marshmallow treats; discard excess.
- 5. Combine the powdered sugar and water and stir until glossy and well combined. Divide the icing between three bowls and add a small drop of pink colouring to one bowl, and the cocoa powder to a second bowl. Stir both, and set aside.
- 6. Place each icing colour in a small zip top bag and seal. Snip the corner off to form a piping bag and decorate each cereal treat to resemble a bunny rabbit: pink and white ears, a pink nose and brown for the eyes and the whiskers.
- 7. Serve immediately or store in a lidded container for up to four days.