Easy Lemon Daisy Cupcakes Recipe
Write a review
- Serves: Makes 18 (1 cupcake) servings.
- 1 package (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 1 tablespoon (plus 2 teaspoons) McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract , divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 package (16 ounces) confectioners’ sugar
- 10 drops McCormick® Yellow Food Color
- 18 large marshmallows
- Decorating sugar
- Jelly beans
- Green sprinkles
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding 1 tablespoon of the lemon extract. Spoon into 18 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full. Bake as directed for cupcakes. Cool cupcakes on wire rack.
- For the Frosting, beat cream cheese, butter, sour cream and remaining 2 teaspoons lemon extract in large bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in food color until evenly tinted. Frost cooled cupcakes.
- To decorate cupcakes, cut each marshmallow crosswise into 5 slices. Sprinkle 1 side of each marshmallow slice with decorating sugar. Arrange 5 marshmallow petals on top of each cupcake to resemble a daisy, pressing the marshmallows into the frosting. Place jelly beans in the center of the petals. Garnish with sprinkles.