Eggnog Cream Puffs
Write a review
- Cream Puffs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- Powdered sugar
- Eggnog Cream
- 1 package (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups whipping (heavy) cream
- 1Heat oven to 400ºF. In 2 1/2-quart saucepan, heat water and butter to rolling boil. Stir in flour. Stir vigorously over low heat about 1 minute or until mixture forms a ball; remove from heat. Beat in eggs, all at once; continue beating until smooth.
- 2Drop dough by scant 1/4 cupfuls about 3 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until puffed and golden. Cool away from draft.
- 3Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat all Eggnog Cream ingredients except cream with electric mixer on low speed 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Add cream. Beat on high speed 1 to 2 minutes or until soft peaks form.
- 4Cut off tops of cooled puffs; pull out any soft dough. Fill puffs with Eggnog Cream; replace tops. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately. Store covered in refrigerator.